In 1730 Juan Famenias Floris arrived in London from the island of Minorca and set up shop as a gentleman's barber in Jermyn Street. In the beginning Juan and his wife Elizabeth would blend bespoke fragrances for clientele in the cellars below 89 Jermyn Street on an individual basis. Royalty, the aristocracy and members of fashionable society visited the shop on a regular basis. The first Royal Warrant was granted by King George IV in 1820 and Floris have held the Royal Warrant for every reigning monarch to this day.
Today Floris still trades from the original premises purchased by Juan in the early 18th century and is managed by the direct descendants of Juan Floris. Floris fragrances continue to appeal to consumers who are looking for a fragrance to reflect their individual personality and appreciate the tradition and excellence of Floris.